New Items Not Showing Up on Coveo Indexes
You have set up everything alright. All Coveo components are green, your search renderings show up fine on UI. All is set! You are a rock star.
You notice something really wierd, updates on sitecore content items show up fine on Coveo Indexes, but, new items added are not showing up on Indexes until you manually rebuild them using Indexing manager. Well, this is a problem we can not live with as we can not ask Content authors to actually rebuild indexes everytime they add a new item. Bad solution!
Have to resolve this for sure, there is no option.
Below are the check points I made –
1. Check the logs for errors
2. Ensure on showconfig.aspx, Coveo index sync strategies are set up fine OOTB one’s are perfect in most cases.
3. Check CES console for any errors
4. No luck so far, everything looks perfect.
5. Next resort was CES Admin Tool, I used localhost:8081 as I was debugging on my local.
6. Dates looked pretty off and outdated, so, I tried to turn off and turn on Live Monitoring
7. Re-opened CES console and added new item
8. Voila!!! new items now showed up on Master
9. Published and yep showed up on Live site too.
Problem Solved!!!! Back to being relaxed. 🙂
I posted this on Coveo Questions and Answers too so some one else in my shoes can probably benefit.